The Cultural Rucksack is ChalleNGe's collaborative work with Nottingham's schools, drawing together inspirational arts experiences, devised jointly by teachers, schools and creative organisations to align with the school curriculum and meet the needs, aspirations and interests of young people. It celebrates the rich heritage and cultural diversity of Nottingham, ensuring young people grow up feeling connected to and valued by their city.
We believe every child and young person is entitled to a broad range of arts and cultural experiences that can lead to a life-long engagement with creativity and the arts.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
An opportunity for both teachers and providers from across the city to meet. Providers will highlight their core on-going offers and schools can share best practice. It's also where teachers can contribute to the development of the Cultural Rucksack, hear arts updates and where we can match up peer support for those wanting to develop their arts and cultural curriculum.
You will receive:
You will access:
You will contribute to:
1. We are working towards embedding arts, creativity and cultural education within and across our curriculum.
2. We actively promote a broad range of creative experiences for all our pupils. This is part of our school ethos and is reflected in our vision and values statements.
3. Our curriculum reflects the rich diversity and cultural heritage of Nottingham.
4. We use our arts and cultural programme to strengthen connections to our local community.
5. We value the opportunity to work with a range of external arts and cultural providers and professionals across the City and will develop an in-depth engagement with at least one provider over a period of time.
6. We will engage with the arts and cultural support hubs across the City.
7. We have identified a staff member/team to take the lead on our arts and cultural curriculum and to be an ambassador(s) for culture and the arts throughout the school.
8. Staff have access to professional development opportunities to support arts and cultural teaching and provision.
9. We provide the opportunity for our pupils to reflect on their arts, culture and creativity experiences to influence future planning.
10. We actively share our commitment to arts and cultural education to our pupils and wider school community.
1. We have identified a clear ‘core’ offer, available to schools on a consistent basis, that allows teachers to plan in advance and integrate the offer into their curriculum. Please add your offer to the form.
2. We have identified a staff member/team who will lead our work and communication with schools.
3. We work collaboratively with other providers to share knowledge and highlight arts and cultural opportunities for Nottingham schools, including offers that complement our own.
4. We will explore and develop longer-term partnerships with schools to support progression in teaching for creativity and the arts and cultural curriculum.
5. We will work with schools to support professional development of staff in both the education and arts and cultural sectors.
6. Where appropriate we will highlight employment opportunities and pathways into the Creative Industries when working with pupils.
7. We are a member of the ChalleNGe Operations Group and will provide ChalleNGe with regular updates on our offers for schools.
8. We will ensure that our entry onto Nottingham’s Cultural Map is up to date.
9. We explore the opportunities available through the Artsmark Partnership Programme
Watch the TeachMeet that took place on 14 June 2021. A great mix of teachers and local arts organisations.
Watch the second Teacher's Cultural Rucksack Meeting that took place on Tuesday 9th March.